Santa Monica finally announced a date for the New Game+ mode for God of War, which launches on August 20th. The studio also gave some detail regarding what players can expect when New Game+ rolls out.
Santa Monica stated that New Game+ was “inspired by your feedback”. For those who have completed the game already, plan on seeing a bunch of new stuff coming to New Game+:
- Relive the journey of Kratos and Atreus with all of your previous armors, enchantments, talismans, resources and abilities on the difficulty of your choosing.
- Test your skills against higher level enemies; some of which might even have a few new tricks up their sleeves!
- Unique to New Game+ is a brand new rarity level of equipment to craft and upgrade! Collect ‘Skap Slag’, a new resource to upgrade your gear to the best of the best from our finest blacksmiths.
- Play the game in a whole new way by exploring new customization options with extremely powerful new armor sets and enchantments.
- Finally, get right back into the action with the newly added ability to skip through cinematics in both normal and New Game+ modes once a full play through has been completed.
The studio also says this is the biggest update made to God of War and their interested in seeing who completes Give Me God of War New Game+ mode first.