Rainbow Six Siege Year 3 , Season 3 kicks off today. Season 3 titled Operation Grim Sky is live today and brings of bug fixes, rebalancing and 2 new operators.
“Year Three Season Three is bringing forth modifications to address weapon sights misalignment, an adjustment with the Operator Idle Pick, and improvements to dynamic resolution scaling on consoles. Hatches are also getting a rework which will improve their destruction. Finally, in addition to gameplay and technical fixes, expect a map buff on Consulate. ”
Rainbow Six Siege Operation Grim Sky Patch Notes
GADGET: EXOTHERMIC-S “SURI” TORCH
Maverick’s D.I.Y. blowtorch can breach any surface, including reinforced walls and hatches. It requires a steady hand and knowledge of the environment to create small holes and lines of sight. Maverick must be in close range to use his gadget on the chosen surface. This torch makes almost no sound but it runs out of fuel quickly. Nevertheless, the high precision of this gadget makes it a very creative tool to use hands-on without relying on digital technology. Using the Exothermic-S Torch can be risky but the team can reap high rewards with efficient use and skill.
GADGET: CCE SHIELD
Clash is the first defender with a shield. The CCE Shield is her primary weapon; she can swap to her secondary at any time, but to do so, she needs to put her shield away first. Her bulletproof extendable shield has the ability to slow down opponents by using a high voltage Charged Field Generator (CFG) that emanates directly in front of the shield in a cylindrical shape. Opponents caught in the CFG also sustain low damage over time. Effective use of the shield allows Clash to block entry points, and to prevent or delay a push by the Attackers.
MAP REWORK: HEREFORD BASE
The aim of this Hereford Base Map Rework is to address issues pertaining to the map’s flow, balancing, and visual thematic to make the new Hereford Base viable for competitive play. This is the first map rework for the Development Team, starting with Operation Grim Sky. This map makeover contains many twists and should be treated as a new map: the iconic and recently renovated Hereford Base.
Each floor of the new Hereford Base will have a larger surface area, which also means more destructible floors and walls. New stairs and hatches will be available, allowing for more movement between each floor and increasing the viability of rotations. Players will notice a dramatic change to the room structures, but the map will still feel familiar despite the entirely new layout.
The map’s visual identity and color palette are also getting an update, giving each floor more personality. Players will find a mix of old-school and modern influences, and thematically distinct rooms. However, the map will still retain its “soul,” making multiple nods to the old Hereford Base.
Thanks to your continued support and feedback, the Dev Team collected a good amount of data to perform the required fixes, to balance the map, and to push Hereford Base to the next level.
FROST ELITE SET
No matter how cold it gets, Frost has a way of welcoming people. She’s also the best at doing so with a spring loaded trap. No matter the weather, we’re celebrating this JTF2 specialist with a cool elite set.
Elite Frost is ready to face polar climates with her Huntress uniform, victory animation, gadget skin for her Sterling MK2 LHT, and weapon skin for the Super 90, 9mm C1 and MK1 9mm. She’ll also have the Elite Frost Chibi charm.
This set will be available in Frost’s Uniform Section at the launch of Operation Grim Sky.
CONSULATE MAP BUFF
The sky may look grim but things are looking up on Consulate. The Development Team dusted off some old blueprints and sought ways to improve the map, taking into account both the Attackers’ and Defenders’ perspectives.
The Police Line spawn point will be extended, offering a safer path to the fortified building. As for the Gas Station spawn point, a wall will be moved to prevent spawn peeking and early kills.
We’ve also added a fourth bomb site in Tellers and Archives. Time to revise those strats.
This is the Development Team’s second map buff, the first one being on Club House
- Fixed — Players who join in a game in progress during the action phase will negatively impact the key bindings for the observation tools of teammates.
- Fixed — Players can sometimes pass through reinforced walls using a deployable shield.
- Fixed — The framerate drops when going to the tactical map in prep phase.
- Fixed — Receiving damage while crouching with a shield will result in the weapon wielding hand to clip through the shield.
- Fixed — Operators clip through barricades. Enabling them to be seen and shot in some cases.
- Fixed — It is possible to place a barricade or reinforcement while standing far away from the door/wall.
- Fixed — Longer delay than intended when switching from BOSG 12.2 to secondary weapon.
- Fixed — The color filter of an observation tool goes away if you are brought to low health while watching in it.
- Fixed — If the walk option is set to toggle, the player will walk after alt-tabbing.
- Fixed — It is possible to prone and melee simultaneously with a shield.
- Fixed — Weapons can clip through the floor if a player goes prone and leans.
- Fixed — Corrupted animations happen while switching weapons or throwing gadgets in prone.
- Fixed — Players receive no damage if they rappel into Smoke’s Gas Grenade cloud.
- Fixed — Kill info is not displayed if the player dies from the gadget of a dead enemy.
- Fixed — Defuser animation resets when switching views.
- Fixed — Textures between reinforceable and indestructible walls allow bullets to pass through.
- Fixed — Players are able to use Shock Batteries on Castle’s Armored Panels using a deployable shield.
- Fixed — Ice textures cover the Logic Bomb interrupt screen when one is performed while a defender is looking at cameras.
- Fixed — Tachanka’s LMG shield is inconsistent and players can be shot through it.
- Fixed — After rapidly switching between his gadgets and weapons, Tachanka will look broken on 3rd person when mounting his Mounted LMG.
- Fixed — Shock Drone is unable to pass over some props that have a climbable height.
- Fixed — The reload animation of the BOSG 12.2 is incorrect.
- Fixed — GU mines will get triggered if they are placed beneath a reinforced hatch.
- Fixed — A gap between 2 reinforcements can be created by Mira’s Black Mirror
- Fixed — Shield extending animation resets when switching views.
- Fixed — Players are able to vault over Montagne’s shield.
- Fixed — In some instances, reinforced wall debris will remain floating when the reinforced wall is being destroyed by Hibana’s X-KAIROS Launcher.
- Fixed — Right hand becomes offset on the weapon when Finka activates her Adrenal Surge.
- Fixed — The fire rate for the Spear .308 is listed in menus as 780 RPM, but it is only 700.
- Fixed — Blitz’s shield’s hitboxes do not match the curves of his shield.
- Fixed — Head hitbox clips through the Rifle Shield when standing against some surfaces.
- Fixed — Clipping occurs for players hiding under a desk in 2F Offices and they can receive damage.
- Fixed — Frost traps clip through the cable protectors located in 1F Server Room making them partially invisible.
- Fixed — Operators can clip through the desk in 2F Archives, 1F Server Room and 1F Ventilation Room.
- Fixed — Frost’s Welcome Mat clips through the table in 1F Dining Room and becoming invisible.
- Fixed — Dynamic Clipping is not present with some indestructible objects or walls.
- Fixed — Drone can be placed inside the ceiling from 2F Elevator.
- Fixed — Drone can be placed inside the ceiling from B Cafeteria, giving drone view over multiple objective sites.
- Fixed — Clipping issues in multiple spots.
- Fixed — Multiple floating debris are present after destroying the wall between the 2F Work Office and the 2F Lounge locations.
- Fixed — Fuze’s cluster charges remain stuck and explode inside the ceiling if placed close to the middle of the 4th wooden tile.
- Fixed — Defenders can hide on top of cabinet in B Old Office.
- Fixed — Character model will become invisible if standing under the staircase in B Laundry Room.
- Fixed — Shield operators can melee defenders through metal blinds.
- Fixed — It is possible to hide inside the panel in Electric Room on Kanal.
- Fixed — In some spots, Fuze’s Cluster Charge backfire killing the player that placed it.
- Fixed — Attacker can place a drone into the ceiling at 2F Engine Utility.
- Fixed — A wall from the 2F Hallway disappears when looking at it with a Valkyrie camera from the other side of the hallway.
- Fixed — Players are able to reach the purple tarp in EXT Pool.
- Fixed — Drones can clip through 1F Kitchen Entrance rooftop.
- Fixed — Attackers can throw a drone inside the wall of Clubhouse from EXT Eastern sub-roof.
- Fixed — The Operator is clipping through the floor when prone on the toilet.
- Fixed — Operator model can clip through stair fence from 2F Central Stairs 1F Central Stairs and B Central Stairs.
- Fixed — Players can go outside through the wall during the preparation phase.
- Fixed — Players can shoot enemies through the stairs in 1F Great Room.
- Fixed — Valkyrie can place a cameras inside the wall between 1F Cold room and 1F Kitchen.
- Fixed — Drone can fall out of the map from multiple locations.
- Fixed — Clipping issues in multiple spots.
- Fixed — There is space between the window frame and wall at EXT Junkyard and the player can see inside the building.
- Fixed — Infinite loading time when using the name sorting option in the charms menu.
- Fixed — Pack collection Icon flags are present on Operator cards with non-elite uniforms.
- Fixed — Gold Vigil Chibi charm position makes it clip through shields.
- Fixed — The smoke effect is no longer coloured from the second opened Alpha pack onwards.
- Fixed — Some black collection icons are attached to random weapon skins.
- Fixed — Graphic options are not applied when accepting the apply changes on popup.
- Fixed — A slight delay can be seen when scrolling through uniforms.
- Fixed — Players cannot hear voice chat from his teammates.
- Fixed — Players is returned to main menu instead of next situation after completing the previous one.
- Fixed – Weapons muzzle smoke is too thick and obscure the screen.
- Fixed – The operator model will remain in the game if the user leaves the session while using the observation tool.
- Fixed – Constant rattle SFX is played if the defuser is dropped on an uneven surface.
- Fixed – Red Dot scopes have thickened textures on the lens, causing the user’s view to be partially obscured while in ADS.
- Fixed – Player can shoot Montagne feet under the shield when fully extended.
- Fixed – Shield Operators’ head exceed their shields when in crouch position when still.
- Fixed – Shotguns have no recoil when shot rapidly.
- Fixed – Smoke VFX is too thick when having the suppressor attached on some weapons.
- Fixed – Clash’s shield effect are clipping through barricades when Taser Shield is active.
- Fixed – Gadget are able to go through Clash’s electric shield.
- Fixed – VFX is seen by attacker’s user when Clash uses her shield’s gadget on the enemy standing on the opposite side of the wall.
- Fixed – Clash’s shield effects clip through barricades when Taser Shield is active.
- Fixed – The Attacker will remain slowed if Clash dies at the same time she activates the CCE Shield.
- Fixed – No muzzle flash coming out of Clash’s barrel.
- Fixed – Clash can be shot through the extended shield if the enemy is forcing collision with it in prone position.
- Fixed – Occasionally, accessing cameras while the Taser Shield is active will make the shield to activate automatically the next time it is equipped.
- Fixed – Player can melee or Shoot operators clipping trought Mira black mirror Glass
- Fixed – The red Hinge on a reinforced wall is not destroyed by the breaching torch creating a one-way hole.
- Fixed – Maverick’s Suri Torch (ADD) deals 5 damage instead of 2 damage.
- Fixed – Fuze is unable to place a Cluster Charge while rappelling.
- Fixed – Cluster Charge can be placed on the frame of the reinforced hatch.
- Fixed – Blackbeard’s HUD shield icon doesn’t change when damaged.
- Fixed – Interaction zone to remove Castle Armor Panels is not broad enough.
- Fixed – Capitao’s PRB92 is named Luison.
- Fixed – The ejected bullet cartridges from Capitao’s M249 float around the operator.
- Fixed – Injection port cover is clipping with Ela’s weapon’s handle.
- Fixed – GIGN P9 pistol ejects 2 bullet cartridges from a single shot in 3rd person.
- Fixed – Exhaust gases are missing or delayed on SMGs for first shot when using the Flash Hider, depending on the cardinal direction.
- Fixed – Players loses most ability to close the Options menu if they applies changes in a specific manner.
- Fixed – Players are able to join another ranked session after they were kicked out of a session due to team kill.
- Fixed – Drone sound will persist after it has been destroyed while moving.
- Fixed – Breaching torch leaves floating debris on the bottom part of walls.
- Fixed – The user is kicked with delay after performing teamkills and no penalty is received afterwards and also Synchronizing Data message is present on AAR screen.
- Fixed – The AAR Bonus tab will not update and the user will see the message “Please wait, synchronizing data…”.
Source: Rainbow Six Siege Website