This week Epic added a new consumable to both Battle Royal and Save the World. Plus, a new Horde Mode Challenge and weapon for Save the World. They fixed some bugs for both modes and reduced the edit button hold time when using a controller for Battle Royal.
Spiky Stadium (Battle Royal — Playground)
Imagine new ways to play with the Spiky Stadium. Give it a throw and an arena will appear, ready to go for any mini-game your squad can think up.
Port-a-Fortress (Battle Royale)
A new consumable that creates a massive fortress to defend against enemies.
Horde Challenge Week 7 (Save the World)
There are many husks for this weeks challenge, so get ready to do some crowd control.
Bowler — Flintlock Launcher (Save the World)
This weapon will be available September 19th through September 26th in the Weekly Store.
- CPU optimization for Xbox One (optimized memory copy operations). This is expected to improve performance.
- Optimized file layout on Xbox One to improve streaming performance. This should reduce instances of buildings rendering in late.
Limited Time Mode: Soaring Solos
Classic Battle Royale with gliders that can be re-deployed by pressing Jump when falling from large heights.
Limited Time Item: Spiky Stadium
- Present in Playground only, found in red Supply Drops (along with a ton of impulse grenades).
- Builds a 7x11 sized stadium full of Damage Traps and Bouncers.
Weapons + Items
- It’s huge!
- Builds instantly.
- Includes built-in Bouncers for an easy exit.
- Legendary Rarity.
- Found in Vending Machines, chests, Supply Drops, and Supply Llamas.
- Fixed an issue where there was a slight delay when consuming multiple Small Shield Potions.
- The Grappler will no longer result in an inability to change equipment.
- Reduced the edit button hold timing when using a controller.
- Old School from 0.25s to 0.2s.
- Quick Builder from 0.25s to 0.2s.
- Combat Pro from 0.25s to 0.2s.
- Builder Pro from 0.25s to 0.15s.
- The Storm wall no longer destroys structures during the last few circles of the match
- Reload audio for the Double Barrel Shotgun no longer plays twice.
- Unsupported characters within in-game names will now show up as �, rather than the fallback debugging font glyph that was previously used. Loading the fallback font was causing long hitches for clients, so we’ve disabled it.
- Hidden Matchmaking Delay feature has been added to the Options in the Game tab.
- Fixed an issue causing the reticle to not appear until after you’ve switched weapons.
- Added new generic icons to represent console and desktop platforms for cross-platform play.
Art + Animation
- Added edge glow to wall bounce pads, only visible from the reverse side. This is to help players recognize when a wall bounce pad is on the opposite side of a ledge in front of them.
- CUBE visual effects will no longer get stuck after a player has left the area.
- The Grill Sergeant Outfit will now render properly in-game.
- This fixes the issue where players were seeing a floating head and pickaxe.
Save the World
Missions + Systems
- Weekly Horde Challenge 7
- This week, deploy your fort against hordes of enemies who are immune to crowd control effects. Stuns, knockbacks and slowing fields won’t help you this time!
- Earn 1500 Gold for the first-time completion.
- This challenge is repeatable for Event Tickets.
- Available Wednesday, September 19th at 8 PM ET.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from being able to complete Storm Shield Defense side missions.
- The Keen Eyes ability now properly highlights nearby loot.
Weapons + Items
Bowler Flintlock Launcher added to the Weekly Store.
- Fires cannon balls that damage and knockback groups of enemies.
- The cannon balls can bounce before exploding, damaging nearby enemies with each bounce.
- Available Wednesday, September 19 at 8 PM ET until Wednesday, September 26 at 8 PM ET.