Yesterday, the team over at Respanw released a patch for thier popular battle royale game, Apex Legends. The patch had some quality of life improvements and bug fixes.
However, it’s what happened after the patch rolled out that caused quite a stir. After downloading the update, players appeared to have thier accounts reset. Of course, this wasn’t the case, with players accounts being unintentionally moved to the wrong servers.
Respawn acknowledged the problem, but did manage to fix it several hours later. The update came along with a second surprise… a penalty for leaving a match early.
In a Reddit post, the dev team stated they had been testing the feature internally, but the update accidentally turned it on.
1.1 Patch Notes
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Added the ability to party up with the last squad you played with. After the match you will see buttons in the lobby that display the last two people you played with and can invite them to your squad.
- Additional behind-the-scenes improvements for squashing cheaters.
- Added Mute button during the intro and Legend selection.
- When using the Report Player button for PC, you now have the option of selecting Cheat or Other.
- Added informative messages that appear on PC for crashes due to:
- Running out of memory.
- CPU errors best explained by overclocking/overheating.
- Added better collision to the turrets on Supply Ships.
- Stability fixes to all platforms.
- Fixed issue where the Battle Pass rewards page would not have a default item selected, resulting in a mostly blank page.
- Fixed bug for PS4 and X1 where sometimes attempting to use a keyboard to chat could cause a fatal script error.
- Fixed bug with Banner Cards not showing up during and at the end of a match.
JUMP PAD PHASE WALK INTERACTIONS
- Octane’s Jump Pad no longer affects players when using Into the Void ability.