Wildcard is releasing another patch for the console version of its survival game, Ark Survival Evolved. While PC survivors have had this patch for a couple weeks, Console survivors are set to receive the patch today. This latest update brings several new dinos and some much needed technical fixes.
It’ll be going through cert on the 8th, so if all goes well — it’ll be an evening (EST) release on the 8th (aprox) https://t.co/S74IBcCJM7
— Jat (@Jatheish) June 8, 2017
Here is a run down of the incoming changes, via Ark’s Official Forums
Current ARK Official PS4 Server Network Servers Version: v508.4
Current ARK Official Client Version: v508.0
Upcoming Version: v509 — IN CERT
- Per-pixel painting, including Human & Dino Warpaint
- New Weapon: Harpoon Gun (& Tranq Bolts for the Harpoon Gun)
- New Dino: Hyaenodon
- New Dino: Hesperonis
- New Dino: Megatherium
- New Dino: Megalania
- New Dino: Yutyrannus
- New Vehicle: Gas-powered speedy Motorboat
- New Structure: Interactive Toilet
- Viking Hair and Facial Hairstyles
- Memory reductions, texture memory & mesh optimization.
- Tek Projectiles now will not do any damage if they collide with a Structure after 5000 units distance (to balance against Auto-Turrets)
- Achievement set now includes various cosmetics, hairstyles, & emotes unlocked as you get Achievements.
- New client Options to disable giving cosmetics on respawn, and to disable menu music tracks.
- Re-added the ATV vehicle as work-in-progress “easter egg” for singleplayer and custom servers: Blueprint’/Game/PrimalEarth/Vehicles/VH_Buggy/Blueprint/PrimalItemVHBuggy.PrimalItemVHBuggy’
- Fixed various gameplay exploits and edge cases.
- Direwolf now has pack logic with pack buff
- Fixed bug where Alpha Wild creatures were sometimes improperly buffing enemy (tamed) creatures
- Updated various new UI’s to the new style
- 66 new Explorer Notes! (between The Island and ScorchedEarth)
- Ballista/Harpoon Bolt now has significant piercing properties akin to the Composite Arrow
- Redid The Island’s ambient sounds and various gameplay sound effects
- Explorer Notes subtitle option button, Explorer Notes translations are WIP (https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/ark-translation-project)
- Various misc Island map fixes
- Massive update to Primitive+:
- All tamed dinos with projectiles now support “Turret” AI mode
- Official PvE changed to use Offline Raid Protection
- Made Alpha Leeds more common on The Island, and made them give 5 Blubber items rather than just 1. Also made Alpha Megalodon slightly more common.
- Fixed particle systems not appearing at large world coordinates
This patch looks awesome and brings some MUCH NEEDED technical fixes, but Wildcard has a history of being a few days later than estimated on releasing console patches, so we might just have to wait.