Today studio wildcard released version 254 of Ark Survival Evolved. This update brings Tek tier 1 and a few new dinos to Ark. PC survivors can grab the update now, Xbox and Playstation 4 Survivors will get the 254 update February 14th. Here is the Playstation 4 patch page and the Xbox One patch page.
Here is some of the changes:
- New Mechanic: Hairstyles & Facial Hair (with real-time growing), Hair Dye-ing, & Haircutting + Scissors
- Tek Tier Phase 1: Tek Engram system, Element Resource system, Tek Replicator, Tek Rifle, Tek Helmet, Tek Visor, Tek Jetpack, Tek Boots, Tek Gloves, Tek Rex Saddle, Tek Transmitter, and more.
- New Dino: Ovis Aries!
- New Dino: Basilosaurus!
- New Dino: Baryonyx!
- New Dino: Purlovia!
- New Item: Lance (for jousting of course!), and you can now also use a Shield when Weapon-Riding (provided you are using an appropriate Weapon).
- Alliance-Chat channel! (open with ‘Home’ or cycle thru all chat modes with Tab)
- Admin Command Logs & Chat Logs file-output options
- Troodon Scout now has an option to look for Corpses & Caches
- Tamed Dinos now have an option to disable their resource-harvesting
- Holding Left or Right when dismounting a Dino will now dismount you in that direction
- Significantly increased Scorched Earth Loot Drop Quality
- Added 5 more Player and Dino levels
- Fixed Allosaurus spawning inside bases
- Fixed issue with being able to clip through World Geometry
- Fixed Supply Crates respawn logic (would previously have stopped some cave crate spawns)
- ~16 more Explorer Notes
- Soups/Beers can no longer be eaten by Dinos
- SteamOS version works properly again, and memory savings on Linux & Mac
- Audio system is now fully streamed. Hundreds of MB saved, slight potential perf loss. If you want to use the old system (memory-intensive), launch with -oldaudio
Head over here to the official Ark forums to check up upcoming additions and changes to Ark.
I’m pretty excited for the tek tier stuff and the under water bases. What are you looking forward to the most?