Today EA Games announced the details for the upcoming Starwars BattleFront beta, The beta starts October 4th for players who pre-order and then goes to an open beta for everyone on October 6th.
Here is what you get to do, via The Playstation Blog
Galactic Assault on Naboo
- Join the Separatist droid army or the Republic Clones on the streets of Theed in massive 40 player multiplayer melees.
- Choose from four distinct trooper classes:
- Assault troopers are classic flankers, pushing the line forward and advancing the front.
- Heavy troopers use their high-powered weapons and personal body shields to take ground and hold it.
- Officers power up their teammates with buffs and deploy remote weapons to support their allies.
- Specialists lay traps and snipe from a distance.
- Control beloved Star Wars heroes, pilot prequel-era vehicles, and more.
Multiplayer Starfighter Assault[pullquote]We’re not sharing all the details around this yet, but we can tell you that you’ll be able to take part in an epic starfighter assault set during the original trilogy era, piloting an assortment of Star Wars’ greatest ships in an objective-based, multi-stage battle. You’ll be learning much more about starfighters in Star Wars Battlefront II at gamescom.[/pullquote] - Jared Petty
Players who pre-order can start playing the beta October 4th and the rest of us get to try it out October 6th. The beta ends October 9th for both pre-orders and general players.
If you want more info head over to The Playstation Blog to check it out.