Epic added a new grenade to Fortnite Battle Royal this week and a new Hero to Save the World. They also put some extra shine into their limited time mode this week. However, the patch notes are actually rather short for the Battle Royal side of the game and it appears nothing was adjusted in either version of the game.
Shockwave Grenade (Battle Royal)
This new grenade launches players great distances without inflicting fall damage. The blast is so strong, you can launch players through structures.
Solid Gold LTM (Battle Royal)
Battle with all legendary weapons in the Solid Gold and Solid Gold 50v50 LTM’s, available now.
Horde Challenge Week 4 (Save the World)
Traps wont trigger during this weeks challenge, so bring plenty of ammo and friends.
Bladestorm Enforcer (Save the World)
New Mythic Ninja available now.
Limited Time Mode: 50v50 Solid Gold
The 50v50 LTM will consist of only legendary weapons and items for a limited time. Drop in and loot up!
Weapons + Items
- Shockwave Grenade added.
- Shockwave Grenade will knock players back and destroy objects in their path after being knocked back.
- Allies, enemies, and vehicles hit with Shockwave Grenade will not take fall damage.
- Drops in stacks of 2, maximum stack size of 6.
- Epic Rarity.
- Can be found in Supply Drops, Vending Machines, Llamas, and chests.
Save the World
Missions + Systems
- Weekly Horde Challenge 4
- This week, prepare your forts for a no-trap challenge: Husks will not trigger traps when walking over/near them.
- Win a Legendary Redline Ramirez for the first-time completion of Weekly Horde Challenge 4.
- The Horde Weekly Challenge quest is also repeatable for Event Tickets.
- Mythic Bladestorm Enforcer Ninja
- Available in the Event Store August 29, at 8 PM ET.
- Features new subclass — Bladestorm.
- New Ability:
- Kunai Storm: Ninja flips backward and throws 15 pointed knives downwards in a 0.5 tile radius. Dealing edged weapon damage. Damage is scaled based on distance with a maximum range of 4 tiles.
- New Perks:
- Kunai Collection: Eliminating enemies with Kunai Storm reduces its cooldown by 2 seconds.
- Kunai Barrage: Increase the number of kunai thrown from Kunai Storm by 6 and damage by 25%.
- Kunnaihilation: Kunai will now randomly explode and deal Energy Damage in a 0.25 tile radius.
- New Ability:
- Redline Ramirez
- Legendary variant of Raider.
- Unlock by completing the Weekly Horde Challenge 4.