Big Day for Ghost Recon Wildlands players, on top of the incoming PVP beta announcement, A patch was also announced and it brings a big overhaul to the helicopter flight controls, and boy are they needed. here are the new controls and they seem much much better than before.
- Triggers control vertical speed (LT = vertical descending speed, RT = vertical ascending speed)
- Left stick controls horizontal speed (up/down = forward/backward, left/right = left/right)
- Left/right on the right stick controls rotation speed.
- Up/down on the right stick controls the rotation speed of the camera, which in turn determines the direction of the helicopter.
On top of the awesome helicopter control revamp, there is a few other fixes too, check them out.
- Every helicopter now has a different behavior
- Small helicopters are very fast, very mobile, and have a high pitch
- Gunships are fast, mobile, and have a very military feeling to them
- Blackhawks are slower and more steady when handling
- Helicopters’ take off physics are now more realistic. Once the helicopter reaches the correct RPM, it will take off automatically
- The helicopters no longer slide while taking off
- Helicopter engine torque reacts to the player’s actions
- Improved destruction of helicopters on impact
- While using a gatling chopper, the HUD now displays a crosshair while aiming
- While using a rocket chopper, the HUD now locks onto targets
- While using a small chopper with rockets, instead of locking, the player shoots rocket salvos
- Added a HUD display that shows the current helicopter speed and altitude
- In “La Gringa”: Fixed a bug where the objective marker could disappear
- In “El Chido’s Agent”: Fixed a bug preventing mission’s completion if the agent gets alerted
- Fixed a bug where the “Down” symbol wouldn’t always appear
- Player will hear helicopter engines speeding up and slowing down upon accelerating/decelerating
- Fixed some zones where player could not climb
- Fixed a bug where some rebel skills wouldn’t be displayed on the HUD
- Fixed a bug where some elements in the TacMap and the Los Extranjeros tab would be stretched on the ultra-wide aspect ratio displays
- Fixed a bug causing the Tier 1 “Activation” button to not be clickable when using a mouse
- Fixed a bug causing some menu elements to be stretched when using an ultra-wide resolution (2560x1080, 3440x1440) in the Fallen Ghost DLC
- Fixed an issue that caused scrolling through a list while having a tile selected and moving the cursor away would reset the list to the selected tile
I’m really excited for these new Helicopter controls, just last night while playing Ghost Recon we were talking about how bad the helicopters were to fly.
What do you guys think of these new changes?