Massive announced a major free content update for The Division 2, which will be arriving rather soon. Episode 1 — DC Outskirts: Expeditions is set to launch on July 23rd for Year 1 Pass holders and July 30th for all players.Alongside the details about the upcoming episode, Massive also announced the Operation Dark Hours raid will have matchmaking.
Before anyone gets to excited about the matchmaking, there are restrictions. Matchmaking is attached to the new “Discovery Difficulty”, which is basically a watered down version of the raid. Exotic weapons earned from Normal difficulty can not be earned in Discovery difficulty. Massive gave a short detailed statement regarding the matchmaking:
The new Discovery Difficulty, along with its corresponding matchmaking option, will allow more players to experience the first-ever Division raid. While Operation Dark Hours Exotic loot remains exclusive to the Normal difficulty, Agents playing the Discovery Difficulty can still expect to score worthwhile loot.
Episode 1 will be taking Agents outside the city streets to new locations, like Camp White Oak, Manning National Zoo and Kenly College. There are two new missions, new Expeditions, new loot and more. You can see all the new episode will have to offer, below:
Two New Main Missions
- Camp White Oak: Bring the traitor President Andrew Ellis to justice as you assault a presidential compound in the woods.
- Manning National Zoo: Emeline Shaw, leader of the Outcasts, has holed up in the zoo to regain her strength. Agents will hunt down and eliminate Shaw to keep the Outcasts from reclaiming power in the city.
Expeditions — Coming July 30th (July 23rd for Year 1 Pass holders)
- When Agents receive what appears to be a final broadcast from a military convoy at Kenly College, they form an expedition to find any surviving members in need of rescue. Expeditions are split into three different wings for players to complete. Each wing has a specific theme and tone, and will be opened to players on a weekly basis. Completing all three wings grants access to an exclusive treasure room full of rewards.
New Weapons and Gear
- One exotic weapon: Diamondback Rifle
- One exotic gear: BTSU Datagloves
- Two weapons: Stoner LMG and Carbine 7
Classified Assignments (exclusive to Year 1 Pass holders)
- Agents can take on two new Classified Assignments in Washington’s Central Aquarium and NSA Site B13.
- Players can now craft gear up to Gear Score 500 and share blueprints across characters. Additionally, crafted weapons can now be recalibrated.