Minecraft has been around for quite a while and is available on pretty much every game console, PC, smartphone and toaster out there, and soon all of them will have a patch available to improve gameplay.
While not the biggest patch we have seen come to Minecraft, it does include some useful fixes. The update is pretty much the same for all platforms, Here are the official patch notes for Xbox One but apply to all platforms.
Incase you don’t want to read through all the notes, here are the most recent changes:
Change log for Content Update 38 — January 27th 2017
- Fix for Horses not jumping to the correct height.
- Re-entering a tutorial area while the playing the Tutorial will reset the chests.
- Fix for Slab blocks not blocking light.
- Fix for Chickens not dropping Cooked Chicken when they die on fire.
- Fix for Blazes not dropping Glowstone Dust when they die.
- Fixed the drop rate of Gold Nuggets.
- Fix for Zombie Pigmen not dropping Gold Ingots when they die.
- Fix for tamed Ocelots remaining hostile to anything they were attacking before being tamed.
- Fix for crash when spawning too many Shulkers.
- Fix for Enderman not taking damage from rain while in a Boat.
- Improvements to framerate when throwing a lot of Lingering Potions.
- Fix for Wither Skeleton being able to walk through two block high spaces.
- Minor changes to Battle Mini Game maps to close off areas that should not be accessible.
- Fix for lighting issues when digging down in spawn area.
- Fix for rename Record losing its name after being in a Jukebox.
- Added chance of Melon, Pumpkin, and Beetroot Seeds, and Jungle Saplings spawning in the Bonus Chest.
- Fix for a range of tooltips that would appear when the action was not available.
- Fix for Mob Spawner error that occured after using a spawn egg to change what it should spawn.
- Fixes to End Gateway generation.
- Fix for End spawn location being in the wrong place.
- Added a particle effect and sound effect when a mob spawner fails to spawn due to spawn limits.
- Fix for crash when placing a Sign on top of Tall Grass.
- Stop End Crystals exploding when “TNT Explodes” is disabled.
- Fix for Hoppers not collecting items above them.
- Added new 11 achievements for Survival.
- Added new 7 achievements for Tumble.
Looks like there are some pretty meaningful changes in there. Are you excited to check out this latest minecraft update?