Titanfall developer Respawn is continuing its promised flow of free DLC for Titanfall 2. This next update brings a new game mode and 2 new maps.
The New Game mode, Frontier Defense is cooperative wave based hoard mode.
- Co-op 4 player mode.
- Defend your Harvester against 5 waves of increasingly difficult enemies.
- Earn cash for defeating enemies that you can spend in between waves to purchase tools like Batteries, Arc Traps, Sentries, and more.
- Choose from Easy / Regular / Hard / Master difficulty.
- There will be an Insane difficulty as well that will exist in a separate tile as a Featured Mode.
- New Titan Progression – ‘Aegis Ranks’
- Earn Aegis Ranks by completing matches of Frontier Defense. Aegis Ranks can unlock powerful upgrades for your Titans, helping you succeed at higher difficulty levels. For now these Ranks will only apply to Frontier Defense.
- New, challenging enemy types to battle.
- 5 maps supported at launch
- Forwardbase Kodai
- War Games
- Blackwater Canal
- We are currently testing additional maps and will add more in future
- We’ll be showing more of Frontier Defense in an upcoming tutorial video around launch. — Respawn’s Official Description
On top of the new game mode, players will also receive 2 new Multiplayer maps.
Long sight lines and tight quarters dictate the battle in this abandoned desert reservoir. The towering, sheer walls and a system of convenient zip lines provide Pilots with means to get around quickly while Titans do battle in the long corridors below. Pilots can also set up ambushes in the guts of this complex pipeworks, while titans can lock down large sections of the battlefield at critical junctures. Tread carefully.
Pilot vs. Pilot Map Township
A new modular construction of a residential firefight. Cover is sparse for Pilots bold enough to leave the safety of a few houses. Windows and rooftops decide who controls the map, but dense interiors can always hold surprises.
Also coming with the Free DLC is the addition of some new Paid cosmetics that now not only make you look cool, but also provide XP boost. You can find out more about those over at the Titanfall blog.
Titanfall 2 has been a fun experience for us mostly since launch and its great to still see more free content coming.
Do you plan on kicking some ass on these new maps or hitting Frontier defense up for a while? I am actually excited to give Frontier defense a try with some friends, I do love coop.
Titanfall 2 is available now for Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC.