The Nintendo Switch exclusive ARMS has just received a new update.
A new Arena mode and LAN play have been added to the game. Arena Mode can be found under the ‘Local’ section. It will allow four systems to link up in a single match. Two players will face off one-v-one and the other two will spectate the match.
The new LAN mode can be accessed by pressing the left stick followed by hitting L+R on the main menu. This will functionally be the same as wireless local multiplayer, but with the benefits of a wired connection. Tournaments and similar events will be ones to benefit the most.
Full patch notes are below:
- “LAN Play” support added. You can now battle against players via LAN. On the Top Menu, click and hold the Left Stick and then press L+R to switch between “Local” and “LAN Play.”
- “Arena Mode” added. This mode focuses on serious 1-on-1 matches and can be played via “Friends,”“Local,” or “LAN Play.” Up to four players can be in the arena, and players not currently fighting watch as spectators.
- Fixed issue where Kid Cobra was able to repeatedly do a charge dash while riding snake boards.
- Fixed issue where Barq would warp a great distance away after Byte & Barq perform a rush attack while on a snake board.
- Fixed issue where ARMs such as the Chakram would pass through the purple light boxes in the Ribbon Ring stage.
- Fixed issue where Biff referred to the “ARMS Grand Prix” as the “AMRS Grand Prix.”