Hello Games has had a very busy few weeks, Next was a game changing patch for No Man’s Sky and they have been very busy fixing bugs that have popped up as more players explore the universe No Man’s Sky provides. Today in a Development Update posted on the No Man’s Sky website, Hello Games announced that community events are now live in No Mans Sky.
Community Events task travelers and interlopers alike with completing objectives to earn Quicksilver. Quicksilver can be used to buy items from Polo’s robot helper onboard the anomaly. Initially 6 new base building parts, 3 decals, a new emote and a new character customisation are available with the offerings expanding to over 50 items in the coming weeks, “including further base parts, emotes, customisations, exocraft, and more.”
“The first chapter of Polo’s research project examines a specific corner of the galaxy, where strange objects have begun spawning underground. Dedicated explorers who excavate and return them to the Space Anomaly will be rewarded with Quicksilver. Polo has constructed a new robotic companion to process this valuable substance into exclusive exotic collectables.”
No Man’s Sky Galactic Atlas website has also been updated to include more information and function. Here is what has been added:
- New regional hubs submitted by NEXT explorers, including official community links for those who would like to join, as well as Euclid portal addresses for explorers who would simply like to visit.
- Discovery progress for all regional hubs, revealing how many bases have been claimed in each region, as well as how much space is yet to be discovered. All explorers from community-led factions can contribute to their region’s progress by uploading their system and planet discoveries.
- The names of the current leading explorers for each regional hub.
- An indication of where the first community research mission is taking place within the galaxy.
- The final batch of Atlas Rises POIs, completing this archive of memories.
If you would like to read Hello Game’s Development Update in its entirety, you can do so here.