Blizzard has released an update for the PC-Only Public Test Realm, tweaking Zarya, Reaper, McCree, Reinhardt and Doomfist. The Graviton Surge, Zarya’s ultimate ability. It now disables all movement abilities of the enemies caught in it, Much like Junkrat’s trap.
Characters like Tracer will not be able to teleport out of it, which makes The Graviton Surge far more effective. Here is a run down of all the character changes.
- Rocket Punch: Total distance traveled reduced by about 20% (This change has been on the PTR for a little while now)
- Seismic Slam: Added a new UI indicator to show how much damage it will deal, and how much it dealt. Previously this was only indicated by the default crosshair filling in, but this is only visible when using the default crosshair. The new indicator should always be visible, regardless of any crosshair changes. Also, targeting this ability while in the air is now restricted to locations lower than your current height
- Flashbang: Now slows targets significantly when they are stunned. This makes them less likely to slide away around a corner or something similar once they are stunned
- Shadow Step: VO and SFX distance dramatically reduced
- Hammer: Swing speed increased by ~10%. On top of the swing speed increase, we’ve gone through and tweaked many timings and other things about the Hammer to make it more responsive. Overall it should feel a lot better to swing and make contact with enemies.
- Charge: Impacting another charging hero (Doomfist or Reinhardt) no longer deals damage to both characters, but still causes a knockdown on both
- Graviton Surge: Now disables all movement abilities of affect targets. This is similar to how Junkrat’s trap affects abilities.
All of these changes are still in testing on the PTR, so none of them are available in the console versions or in normal game play for now. They are experimental and can be changed or removed all together.
Anyone excited to try these new character tweaks? What tweaks should be made to Overwatch?