It’s the beginning of May and Rare has launched a new update for Sea of Thieves, which shows some hope of content being added to the title. It includes new customization options, a new weapon, and general fixes.
There are several new cosmetic items to customize your pirate, including expanded sets for Admiral, Bilge Rat, Sea Dog and Sovereign. Shop stock will vary at every outpost, depending on the region you’re in. If you are looking for the Sovereign set, make sure to head to the Ancient Isles.
Not only are your pirates getting custom items, your ship can also look forward to a little TLC. Multiple sets are coming, including Grand Admiral, Castaway Bilge Rat, Ruffian Sea Dog and Imperial Sovereign sets, which you can find in the shipwright stock.
For a limited time, players can also purchase the new “Launch Crew” Eye of Reach weapon. It celebrates “being at sea for a month” and will only cost you 1 Gold. You can see the full list of added customizations and changes, below:
- Regional Stock — Shopkeepers in different regions now only stock certain item sets, due to some mistimed deliveries.
- Strike a Pose — We’ve expanded our clothing range to include the Executive Admiral, Grand Admiral, Rotten Bilge Rat, Castaway Bilge Rat, Corsair Sea Dog, Ruffian Sea Dog and Imperial Sovereign sets.
- Ship Shape — Multiple sets of ship cosmetics have been added to the shipwright stock. Now you can purchase and equip Grand Admiral, Castaway Bilge Rat, Ruffian Sea Dog and Imperial Sovereign ship customisation sets.
- Ohh, Shiny! — Visit the weapon shops at the many outposts to find their stocks of Grand Admiral, Castaway Bilge Rat, Ruffian Sea Dog and Imperial Sovereign weapons. Fancy a new weapon style? We’re sure one of these will take your fancy!
- Tutorial Invulnerability — Players are no longer invulnerable during parts of the Tutorial when first launching the game.
- Skeletons Accuracy — When shooting cannons from islands at long distances, Skeleton accuracy has been reduced. We read your feedback that it was a little extreme… #SkellyOP!
- Merchant Voyages — It is no longer possible to force Merchant voyages to request delivery to a specific outpost. Now you’ll have to earn your cheddar.
- Sneaky Climbing — The bell on the small ship has been moved to the other side of the ladder, to avoid accidental ringing. We’re redecorating! With the Ammo Crate and Bell moved, what are we moving next?
- [PC Only] Rebinding to the F key will no longer soft lock the radial.
This has been a top reported issue to Support, and we believe this is now resolved. If you are still encountering issues with this rebind locking the screen, please log a Support Ticket and we will investigate further.
- Stow and Disengage can now be rebound to the same button on a controller
- Incorrect company icons will no longer be displayed for a split second if trying to get reputation from two different Trading Companies.
- Joining a dead player whose ship is parked at an active Skeleton Fort will no longer prevent the joining player’s radials from being opened.
- Recent Players list will no longer be delayed in updating players from other crews.
- Hunter of Cursed Crews and Hunter of Fort Skulls Commendations now track.
- Voyage inventory message is now translated when there are no voyages in the inventory.
- Loot items can no longer be dropped behind the Captain’s table on the small ship when trying to place them on the table.
- Ships’ ropes now cast shadows on the deck.
- Musical instruments can now be used immediately after interacting with parts of the ship.
- [PC Only] Half Vsync option was removed. The Frame Lock option should now be used instead.
- Resolved an issue which could cause players to fail to migrate and remain on low population servers.
- Repetitive actions from players will no longer impact the network stability for other players.
- Frame rate lock option is no longer disabled when vsync is enabled.
- Significant reductions in time taken to return from the Ferry of the Damned.
- Images in all Chests now load gracefully when browsing.
- Multiple server crash fixes.