Square Enix announced today the return of an SNES classic RPG, Secret of Mana, which is heading to PS4 and PS Vita on February 15th, 2018 of next year. For obvious reason, elements of the game were changed to make it a better experience for new and existing fans of the game.
Secret of mana is a top-down RPG and was origianlly pixels for graphics and controls for the SNES. Of course, that has changed a bit. Graphically, the game has been remodelled for in 3D form and the controls have adapted to the modern PS4. All and all, the game has been fully rebuilt from the ground up. Square Enix did give a few more details regarding changes:
- VOICED CHARACTERS: That’s right, you heard Randi in the trailer and you’ll finally get to hear Randi, Primm, Popoi and many other characters talk and express themselves throughout their adventure!To add to that, the game will have language options which will allow players to experience the game using Japanese voices and/or subtitles.
- A NEWLY ARRANGED SOUNDTRACK: We’re excited for you to hear a beautiful, newly arranged soundtrack that pays tribute to the original.
- LOCAL MULTIPLAYER: Yes! Sit down with two of your friends (up to three players) to experience the adventure together.
If you have never played Secret of Mana, here is a tad about the story. You play as a young man named Randi, who finds the Mana Sword. This sword has great powers, which Randi can harness. He then embarks on a quest to defeat all the evil that’s attempting to control the Mana. He is joined by a noblewoman, Primm, and a mischievous sprite named Popoi.
- Individual PSN Avatars for Randi, Primm, and Popoi as an instant reward
- DLC Costumes at launch on February 15
- “Moogle Suit” for Randi, Primm, Popoi
- “Tiger Two-Piece” for Primm
- “Tiger Suit” for Randi and Popoi
If you wish to pre-order you can do so, here. Secret of Mana is only $39.99. If you are heading to PAX West this year, this game will be playable from September 1st-4th at both the Square Enix and PlayStation booths.
Source: PlayStation Blog