Epic announced they will be adding the Glider back to Fortnite via the v7.20 update that’s releasing tomorrow. According too Epic the mechanic had, “very split response”, which “revealed some positives as well as some negatives.”
This prompted the dev team to remove the Glider altogether, until they solved some of the negative issues and to “better suit [thier] goals.”
You can see all the changes made to the Glider below:
- The Gliders item will take up an inventory slot and can be found from normal loot sources.
- Activate Glider Redeploy as you normally would, you do not need to select the item.
- Each deploy will remove one charge, when all charges are used the item disappears.
- Use of Launch Pads, Rifts-to-Go, and LTM respawns will not consume a charge, as these put you in Skydiving mode.
- The new Glider Redeploy item can be found in floor loot, Chests, Vending Machines and Supply Llamas.
Epic also stated large team modes will automatically be granted a Glider with 50 charges. The initial drop from the bus will not consume a charge.