Nintendo has announced Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser’s Minions for the 3DS. This will be a complete remake of the original game and an additional new game mode.
Here is the full list of features given by Nintendo:
- Mario and Luigi have access to different techniques, known as Bros. Moves, necessary for solving puzzles on their adventure. Switch between the two characters at will to pave your way and progress through new areas.
- Time your button presses to skillfully dodge enemy blows, land devastating counters, and inflict increased damage in battle. Utilize Bros. Attacks that dish out massive damage!
- In the brand new mode titled Minion Quest: The Search for Bowser, become the unlikely hero, Captain Goomba. Journey together with ShyGuy, Boo and other familiar Baddies.
- The Minion Quest storyline takes place during Mario & Luigi’s classic adventure. Find out what really transpired behind-the-scenes!
- Compatible with amiibo figures from the Super Mario series, including Mario and Luigi amiibo figures. Also coming soon are brand new Goomba and Koopa Troopa amiibo. The Goomba, Koopa Troopa and Boo amiibo figures will each have read/write compatibility
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga originally released for the Gameboy Advance in 2003. The game was well received by both critics and fans. Currently the game has a 90 on metacritic from reviewers and a 91 from users.
If you need more reason to check the game out, Nintendo has almost 30 minutes of gameplay from their Nintendo Treehouse livestream.
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser’s Minions launches October 6th 2017 for the 3DS.