The Nintendo Switch exclusive ARMS has just received a new update.
A new Arena mode and LAN play have been added to the game. Arena Mode can be found under the ‘Local’ section. It will allow four systems to link up in a single match. Two players will face off one-v-one and the other two will spectate the match.
The new LAN mode can be accessed by pressing the left stick followed by hitting L+R on the main menu. This will functionally be the same as wireless local multiplayer, but with the benefits of a wired connection. Tournaments and similar events will be ones to benefit the most.
Full patch notes are below:
- “LAN Play” support added. You can now battle against players via LAN. On the Top Menu, click and hold the Left Stick and then press L+R to switch between “Local” and “LAN Play.”
- “Arena Mode” added. This mode focuses on serious 1‑on‑1 matches and can be played via “Friends,”“Local,” or “LAN Play.” Up to four players can be in the arena, and players not currently fighting watch as spectators.
- Fixed issue where Kid Cobra was able to repeatedly do a charge dash while riding snake boards.
- Fixed issue where Barq would warp a great distance away after Byte & Barq perform a rush attack while on a snake board.
- Fixed issue where ARMs such as the Chakram would pass through the purple light boxes in the Ribbon Ring stage.
- Fixed issue where Biff referred to the “ARMS Grand Prix” as the “AMRS Grand Prix.”